Friday, April 11, 2014

J ia for Quotes about Jewelry






 Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles.  ~Sonja Henie


  I have always felt a gift diamond shines so much better than one you buy for yourself.  ~Mae West


  I never worry about diets.  The only carrots that interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.  ~Mae West


 Don't ever wear artistic jewelry; it wrecks a woman's reputation.  ~Colette, Gigi, 1944, translated


No gold-digging for me; I take diamonds!  We may be off the gold standard someday.  ~Mae West


This diamond has so many carats it's almost a turnip.  ~Richard Burton



 I really think that American gentlemen are the best after all, because kissing your hand may make you feel very very good but a diamond and a sapphire bracelet lasts forever.  ~Anita Loos


  My husband gave me a necklace.  It's fake.  I requested fake.  Maybe I'm paranoid, but in this day and age, I don't want something around my neck that's worth more than my head.  ~Rita Rudner

 Diamonds are only chunks of coal,
That stuck to their jobs, you see.
~Minnie Richard Smith, "Stick to Your Job"

  I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.  They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.  ~Rita Rudner


  Not on one strand are all life's jewels strung.  ~William Morris


  When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.  ~Peter Marshall


  There are three things extremely hard:  steel, a diamond, and to know one's self.  ~Benjamin Franklin


Proverbs are mental gems gathered in the diamond districts of the mind.  ~William R. Alger


  All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography.  ~Federico Fellini

 

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011