Sunday, July 5, 2015

Books of June

 
I read a lot this month, mostly to keep my mind off my flooded house.  Some books helped better than others.  See below.
 
 
 
A lighthouse keeper and his wife on a deserted post find a baby washed up on the beach.  The wife has miscarried three times and is in despair of ever bearing a child.  They keep the baby, setting off a moral dilemma that has far reaching consequences.  I enjoyed it.  In our book club, we often rate books on a scale of 1 to 10.  I gave it a 6.

An elderly widow asks a widower who lives a few blocks away to come to her house several times a week to sleep with her.  Now there's an interesting premise.  A "sweet" book, with a rather contrived ending. (No worries--they don't die at the end).


I am a big fan of Nora Roberts.  In fact, reading her Silhouette romances convinced me  to become a romance writer.  Whiskey Beach is a typical N.R., not one of her best but a fun read.

I ordered this book for my Kindle after seeing some good editorial reviews on Amazon.  Don't always believe what you read.  This book, written from a stalker's point of view, was disgusting, revolting, utterly gross.  I can't believe a woman wrote it.  On a scale of 1 to 10, it gets a zero.

Happy reading!

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011